Wednesday, January 29, 2014

your weekly update

happy hump day, y'all!!!

no crazy stories to share this week -- i had a first date on monday with a new okcupid guy and it was mostly uneventful.  we met at rosa mexicano for happy hour, but with him working late and me hitting DC traffic, we missed it.  instead we had dinner on the restaurant side -- veggie tacos for me which were EHHHH.  he was shy/quiet and didn't say too much until we were almost done with dinner.  i think alcohol would have helped, but he got this weird look on his face and rattled off how cheap the happy hour drink specials were, so i felt weird about ordering a drink... so water for both of us.  and those nasty tacos.  by the way, don't utter the word "cheap" on a first date.  seriously.  this seems to be a running theme.  the first date is your opportunity to WOW me. 

(don't be this guy!)

i did offer to pay half the check (which i rarely do) because i really couldn't get a handle on him and something compelled me to offer.  it was probably because of the way he acted at my suggestion of getting a drink.  but he paid, and he did do one thing that really stuck out to me and my old fashioned dating desires... he picked up my coat and helped me put it on.

i've had long discussions with friends in person, on facebook... i don't care what you think, but i like a man who believes in chivalry.  i want him to open the door for me, i want him to pay, i want to be treated like a lady and respected.  that's not to say i'm weak and needy (far from it), but i believe that all woman want to be appreciated in that way... whether or not they'll admit it.  i know i'm worth being treated like gold.  it was really awesome that this guy went the extra gentleman step.  we hugged goodbye and he wants to see me again so we're going out next week.  he texted me later that night to make sure i made it home safe and again the next day.  much nicer than those other assholes that develop temporary amnesia.

so... too soon to tell how i feel on this one.  he's cute, he lives in the same city as me, he wants a girlfriend.  i don't know if i can date another introvert though.  i want a boyfriend... but i want someone to go out with.  AND come home to. 

i'm supposed to go out with the teacher from last week, tomorrow.  what a fun life i lead :)

No comments:

Post a Comment