Wednesday, January 22, 2014

update + a new man

shocker alert... john duggar never called me back.  i texted him a couple times to hang out (and more importantly, get my scarf).  i was met with replies such as "sorry i'm busy as fuck".  it was enough to make me feel like i'm beating a dead horse.  so i will buy myself another scarf and keep it moving.

in bum me out news, my mountain man got a girlfriend.  i can't be mad at him... 350 miles is a lot of distance and he's young.  he probably dating some ohio redneck which makes me feel better.  and as one of my besties pointed out, i can do better than a guy who proudly wears an "i heart boobies" belt.

and the gym man kind of popped back up, momentarily.  my sister and her friend ran into him at the gym and shouted his name, making it an awkward situation for them.  thankfully he hasn't reached out to me... that's the last thing i want to deal with!!!



i haven't been actively pursuing anyone on okcupid or tinder.  this is the busy season with my career, so i've been more focused on my business hustle then men.  when i do have a guy in my life, my business tends to go on the back burner whereas when i'm single, my business is ON FIRE!  i'm motivated by money, recognition, and feeling good about myself... my business gives me that.  these guys, not so much.  i figure i will work on making me the best person and mister right will come along.  this isn't to say i'm putting a fatwa on dating, rather i'm going to be patient and let him come to me.

so with all that said and all the updates.... i had a first date this week.  guy from okcupid who i've been texting off and on for a month or so.  with the holidays and our busy schedules, we never had a chance to meet sooner.  he invited me out for drinks at russia house in dc.  we will call him mr SK.  he's a special education teacher for DC public schools, 3rd-5th grade.  he lived in LA and dabbled in acting for 8 years.  appearance wise, he's about my height, maybe a bit taller.  brown hair, blue eyes, glasses, average build.  not someone i would stop and stare at on the street, but not ugly either.  we had some good conversation over our jack and cokes (yup, we like the same drink).  we are both libras, have a theatre background in common too.

he walked me to my car and gave me some kisses -- i knew there would be kissing as he was getting in my face.  nothing too crazy, very sweet and innocent.  he told me he wants to see me again so we are going to get dinner next week.

it wasn't until i got home and really thought about my night that i realized how great of a date it was!  i'm so used to going out with men who are seeing how soon they can stick me with their D.  it was so refreshing to enjoy his company and not feel pressured to do more than i wanted to do.  i don't know how well of a fit we are, but he made a good enough impression that i look forward to seeing him again and getting to know him better.  yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment