Monday, November 25, 2013

a smorgasbord of men

well, a lot has happened since my update three months ago.  i met the man of my dreams, the mountain man (AKA my future husband, according to my BFF).  when i was visiting my BFF in colorado over the summer, we went to a tiny mountain town for some fun.  we met this young guy who offered to be our tour guide and he took us to a natural hot springs in radium, co.  when we were hiking back, i literally fell down the mountain and cut/bruised myself up pretty bad.  the mountain man saved me and that was it.  we spent the next five days together until i left to come home, and i'm really excited to see him again when he comes to visit me next week.  i think i have stars in my eyes. :) 

i came home from my trip painfully missing my mountain man.  something i never shared with this blog was that i dated another man off and on for 8 (grueling) years.  coming home to that lazy, uncaring asshole made me realize this "relationship" wasn't right for me.  things progressed downhill even further until we officially broke it off for good last month.  then 10 days later, he has a new girlfriend... don't waste any time!  i was hurt to hear the news, but i have a lot of good things going on in my life so i choose to ignore the few bad things that pop up.  i feel sorry for the new girlfriend and she can now put up with driving his ass around, being called "a bitch" 412 times a day, and no foreplay.

since i'm now single and my love lives far away, i've been dating more.  which has meant a LOT of sex.  and wading thru a lot of bullshit.

(if only my prospects looked like joseph gordon-levitt and cillian murphy)


  • sweden, a 25 year old arian dude i met on my cruise to mexico.  he was really obsessed with his brother being gay, he had tattoos of ancient animals, he was a miner, and when i told him i didn't have a condom, he tried to stick me in my butt.
  • bill c., who did a drive by and then no showed for our date.  and yes i am using his real name because he's a fucking asshole.  and not that good in bed.
  • the backyard lover, a man from my past who visits me, buys me shit, and tries to do naughty things to me in my backyard.  the jury is out on this one... 
  • sheet ripper, he made me rip my bed sheets but he doesn't have much going on between his ears.  he also has no concept of time.  and he's a cowboys fan... talk about sleeping with the enemy.  #HTTR
  • the raver dater, who's actually into house music.  we went on 4 dates, had sex, and then suddenly he's too busy to communicate.  huh.. yeah.
  • sean l., who i dated in college, we reconnected one night and i found out later he has a girlfriend.  you think you'd mention that??? and yes i am using his real name because he's a fucking asshole.  and not that good in bed.  HI SEAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
and lastly is my new friend i met the other night.  if i had a penis, i would have a serious boner even thinking about this man.

i'm one of those women who is shy to approach men and i prefer them to come to me... but that doesn't always happen.  i went to the bar with one of my besties for a fun night out and spotted this glorious man candy, we'll call him the rocker.  tall, salt n pepper hair, piercing blue eyes.  really fucking hot.  i stared him down for a bit and nothing happened.  later that night, i got up the courage to approach him.  i asked if he was alone and could i buy him a drink?  we spent the rest of the night talking and trying to stay warm.  he was kind enough to offer my bestie his coat and his good looks compliment his good personality.  i invited him back to my house where we spent 2 hours tangled up in each other which only left me wanting more.  and based on his texts, i think he feels the same.  i don't know that this will go anywhere, but the rocker is far better than the other dudes i've been seeing.  he's cute, he has a job and a car, he plays guitar, he's hot, he seems to like me.  that's what i call a good distraction.

if i had to pick one man to be with, hands down without hesitation, it would be my mountain man.  but since he now lives in ohio and i'm in virginia, it's unfair to both of us to call dibs or try to carry out a long distance relationship.  i worry deep down that we will get together when we're like 70 and i don't want to wait that long to be with him.  so for now, i date, and i hope for the best.  i'm having fun. :)  the single life isn't so bad!

1 comment: