Saturday, December 10, 2011

the scientist

there's been quite a lull in my dating adventures.  i was feeling bitter after my last date flop (the asshole that stood me up and got into a relationship hours later) and i didn't want to waste my time or put myself out there.  thankfully, i wasn't pressed over this next guy.  lesson learned.

N is someone i met online and he invited me out to dinner.  i chose trattoria de franco, one of my most favorite italian restaurants in old town alexandria.  amazing food.  the company was decent... we never ran out of things to talk to but admittedly it was more me asking questions than talking.  he was shorter than i like but i really am trying to be more open-minded and not conform men into one mold.  on the other hand, shouldn't i only date tall men if that's what i'm attracted to??

i did agree to a second date, but i get the feeling with N's almost daily texts that he's more interested in me than i am in him.  we shall see.  i'm not giving up yet but he's not at the top of my list.  i will give him this... despite talking about money a lot in a way that made him seem cheap, he dropped nearly $100 on dinner.  plus he walked me to my car and hugged me goodbye. 

 if nothing else, this mystery science experiment is a way for me to become more comfortable with dating.  it really is like a job interview... trying to give the best answers to a question and showing yourself in a good light.  N seems good on paper but i didn't get that spark. 

which brings me to another thing...

one of my guy friends dipped off the face of the earth for months only to recently reappear (it's a christmas miracle!!)  when i asked him what happened, he explained his concerns that i would write about him, here on my blog.  i can see where he's coming from and i explained that i would never write about him for various reasons.  then he was disappointed that i wouldn't write about him.  men are so funny.

so here ya go, mister!  i wrote about you!

two dates scheduled for next week.... until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment